Laser Treatment of Melasma, Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots
- Our center is considered as a center of excellence in treating Melasma, Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots
- Successful treatment of Melasma, Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation in San Antonio is achieved by iBright™
- Thousands of patients with Melasma, Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation have been treated by Dr Ghohestani at TXID Melasma Clinic
- iBright, developed by research team at TXID San Antonio Melasma Clinic, is designed for laser treatment of Melasma, Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation
- iBright™ is a revolutionary system for treating Melasma, Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation
- TXID Melasma Clinic is one of the few centers in the world that can successfully treat Melasma
Melasma is characterized by presence of dark brown spots on sun exposed areas mainly cheeks, upper lip, chin and forehead. Melasma and darkening of skin usually develops over the time and its very common in the San Antonio and Boerne areas. Why some develop Melasma is uncertain, increase in sex hormones especially during pregnancy and after taking oral contraceptive pills re among the most common cause of Melasma. Melasma in South Texas (San Antonio, Boerne) is more common in Hispanic, Idian and Asian skin types. In addition to sex hormones, sunlight is also implicated. Other factors that may have a role in development of Melasma include some photosensitizing meds, thyroid or ovarian diseases, and importantly certain cosmetic products.
Melasma is rare among men and young women, less than 10% of Melasma cases are Men. Pigmentation is seen in other diseases such as Addison disease, photosensitivity skin reactions, Discoid Lupus, Mastocytosis and Poikiloderma.
Research team at TXID developed iBright™, a novel modality for successful treatment of Melasma
Successful treatment of Melasma requires years of experience. Dr. Ghohestani and his research team at Texas Institute of Dermatology in San Antonio have recently developed iBright, a revolutionary laser package for Melasma and dark spots.
iBright™, a combination laser therapy for Melasma
Successful treatment of Melasma requires years of experience. Dr. Ghohestani and his research team at Texas Institute of Dermatology have recently developed iBright, a revolutionary laser system for Melasma. iBright™ is a composed of several state-of-the art lasers and innovative skin treatments for successful treatment of Melasma. iBright™ utilizes Dermabrasion , Spectra Q switched laser, and Fractional CO2 laser to address effectively Melasma.
- Dermabrasion – mechanically removes the top layer of skin using a small titanium tip similar to fine-grained sand paper. Dermabrasion opens the door to laser beams to penetrate deeply into skin, thus it improves the efficacy of the Spectra and Fractional CO2 laser,
- Spectra Q-switched Laser – can specifically target and neutralize unwanted pigmented spots,
- Fractional CO2 Laser – light penetrates the deeper layers of the skin and target the melanocytes which are responsible for Melasma
Before development of iBright, people had to use topical Hydroquinone cream 2-4%, Azelaic Acid, Tretinoin, cryotherapy or a chemical peel without noticing a significant improvement.
Chemical peels and lasers, if not used by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon, may cause a number of potential side effects such as scar formation or hyper pigmentation. Strict Sun avoidance and using a sunblock that contains Titanium or Zinc Oxide is highly recommended before, during and after treatment specially if you live in San Antonio or other areas in South Texas.
- Our experts in treating Melasma and Hyper-pigmentation combine their knowledge with the latest technology
- You will be first examined by Dr. Ghohestani who has years of experience in treating Melasma and Dark Spots
- Dr. Ghohestani carefully examine your dark spots with his tools and design a personalized plan to successfully address your concerns
- Our experts in treating Melasma and dark spots offer a comprehensive package which may include :
- Microdermoabrasion or Hydroderm™ to remove the upper layer of the skin
- Q-Switched ND-YAG laser to directly target the dark spots without damaging the surrounding skin
- Fractional CO2 laser to hit the melanin (dark-ink proteins) deep in the skin
- Our Melasma experts have developed iBright™ which is designed for treating Hyperpigmentation, Melasma and dark spots
Why should you choose Texas Institute of Dermatology for laser Treatment of Melasma, Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots?
Our mission is to serve as a leading center for understanding and treating Melasma, Hyperpigmentation and dark spots in South Texas through excellence in patient care, research, and education. We want you to feel that you have been treated with the comfort, privacy, safety, and satisfaction that you deserve. This is why all of our procedures for treatment of Melasma, Dark Spots and Hyperpigmentation are performed or supervised by our renowned dermatologist, Dr. Reza F Ghohestani who is an expert of treating Melasma.
His experience, combined with the latest technology and caring staff, is why the Texas Institute of Dermatology is consistently ranked among the top dermatology centers for treatment of Melasma, Hyperpigmentation and Dark Spots in San Antonio and Boerne areas based on peer reviewed satisfaction surveys. We currently serve communities throughout Bexar and Kendall counties, including San Antonio, Boerne, Leon Springs, Fair Oaks Rank, Canyon Lake City, etc. Many of our patients also come from San Marcos, New Braunfels, Kerrville, Austin, Wimberly, and Corpus Christi.